Title: Financial Advisor
Location: Downers Grove, IL
JMG Financial Group, Ltd. is one of the largest independently owned fee-based wealth management firms in the Chicago area. JMG provides wealth management services to corporate executives and high net worth individuals. Investment News recently announced JMG as #1 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
JMG is in search of a full-time Advisor. This individual must possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking and both verbal and written communication skills. The position requires proficiency in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office, especially Excel, CCH, Tamarac and BNA and must be willing to learn other business-related software. The position requires extensive knowledge of finance, income taxes, investments, asset allocation and estate planning concepts. This duties of this role would include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Build relationships with clients and pursue new client business opportunities
· Manage and supervise client support team
· Develop personalized solutions to help clients achieve short-term and long-term goals
· Monitor and rebalance client portfolios
· Recommend investment products and strategies suitable for clients
· Analyze financial information and monitor financial outcomes
· Investigate or research different planning, investment and income tax issues
· Prepare and/or review client income tax returns
· Coordinate tax planning with investment strategies/analyze tax reduction opportunities
· Proactively assist Senior Advisor in issue-spotting and idea generation for clients
· Prepare meeting materials and participate in client meetings as requested
The applicant must have knowledge and interest in the financial planning industry and excellent time management skills with the ability to work effectively on multiple deadline-oriented projects. A successful Advisor should be a team player yet able to operate autonomously. They must be self-motivating, client-focused, dependable, detail oriented, analytical, and able to use sound judgement while operating in a highly ethical and professional manner. Initially, they will be working closely with Senior Advisors. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a reputable wealth management firm on a long-term basis.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Personal Financial Planning, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business; CFP® designation; CFA® and/or CPA designation acceptable though not required; 7+ years of relevant work experience
Compensation: Salary, bonuses and full benefits including health, dental and profit sharing.
Your resume and cover letter referring to this posting are required to be considered. You can submit your contact information along with resume and cover letter in PDF format in the form below.
JMG is an equal opportunity employer. www.jmgfinancial.com
Your resume and cover letter referring to this posting are required to be considered. You can submit your contact information along with resume and cover letter in PDF format in the form below: