JMG Financial Group, Ltd. has always been committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information entrusted to us by current, former, and prospective clients. We are proud of our privacy practices, and we want you to know how we protect your information and how we use it to serve you.
While we do not sell any information to any third parties, we do collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources solely for the purpose of providing investment advisory, financial planning, and tax services to you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your purchases, sales, and account balances; and
- Information we may receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you or our former clients to third parties except as permitted by law, or at your specific request. Some examples of instances when we do or would share nonpublic personal information about you include:
- Disclosing information to a third party financial service provider, such as a custodian or a portfolio manager, in order to process account transactions that you request or authorize in the ordinary course of business;
- Disclosing information to your attorneys, bankers, accountants, and auditors that you request or authorize in the ordinary course of business; and
- Disclosing information to regulators or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or subpoena or summons by federal, state, or local authorities.
In each case where information is shared with third parties, they are not permitted to use the information for any purpose other than to assist our servicing of your account or as permitted by law.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to authorized employees, our affiliates and their employees. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
If you have any questions regarding our policy, or need additional copies of this notice, please contact the JMG Financial Group, Ltd. Compliance Department at (630) 573-6942.