Title: Tax Analyst
Location: Downers Grove, IL
JMG Financial Group, Ltd. is one of the largest independently owned fee-based wealth management firms in the Chicago area. JMG provides wealth management services to corporate executives and high net worth individuals. Investment News has announced JMG as one of the Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
JMG is in search of a full-time Tax Analyst. This individual must possess high-level knowledge for individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely-held corporations, estate, gift tax returns and tax laws. The position requires accounting knowledge and advanced knowledge of tax laws, procedures and requirements. Knowledge of CCH Axcess is a plus. Proficiency is required in Microsoft Office and the willingness to learn other business-related software, in which training will be provided. The duties of this role would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients.
- Responsible for preparation and completion of entity and individual federal and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Responsible for assisting with federal and state client audits and tax notices
- Assists Advisor Teams with complex client tax matters
- Drafts responses on behalf of clients for all audit-related situations
The applicant must have an understanding of tax code and regulations and trust accounting knowledge. A successful Tax Analyst will need the skills to work effectively in teams as well as independently. This is a support staff position with potential for advancement.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required in Accounting or Finance. A CPA designation is preferred but not required.
Compensation: Base salary, bonuses and full benefits including health, dental, vision and profit sharing.
JMG is an equal opportunity employer. www.jmgfinancial.com
Your resume and cover letter referring to this posting are required to be considered. You can submit your contact information along with resume and cover letter in PDF format in the form below: